Finally Become A Published Author!
There really is nothing that can grow your business quite like a book.
Your name on the cover will open doors you never thought possible, such as:
- Mainstream press interviews with major networks
- Speaking gigs on nationally recognized stages
- An abundance of clients on a waiting list to work with you
- Increased rates for your coaching programs and other products
- Not to mention, an improved sense of self-worth!
All the blogging and social media outreach in the world can’t achieve these goals as quickly as a single published book.
This is the Number One Way to Grow Your Business!
When I talk to clients about their marketing plans, they mention things like blogging, paid ads, social media, and maybe even speaking.
Almost none of them talk about writing a book.
I have a theory why that is. You see, most people think of writing a book like this:
You hold up in a tiny room with nothing but your laptop and an endless supply of coffee. And then, after you stare at a blank page for some time, you sweat over each and every word.
You start over (more than once).
In the end, you feel completely and utterly defeated. And you still don't have a book.
Some of the best laid plans fall apart as I hear clients say...
I don't know what to write about.
I don't have time.
I hate to write.
I just don't know where to start or how to organize my thought.
The list can go on and on. But, fortunately none of the rationales have weight.
I'm here to tell you, that is not how book writing works.
You can do this. You have the skills, talent, and the knowledge to create a book that will add value to its readers.
You just need a plan. And I've got one of those you can borrow.
Write a Book in 31 Days Bootcamp
This actionable four-module course will not only help you overcome all the hurdles you face when it comes to writing your book, but it will become your go-to guide for mastering the techniques every author needs to know.
Module 1: Book Planning, Formats, And Research
Let’s start your book off right by tackling the number one issue new authors face: what to write about.
Even if you’ve been coaching for years (or maybe especially if you’ve been doing this a while) it can be hard to know what makes a great book. We’ve created this module with these questions in mind, and included…
- 7 types of books that sell—Chances are you’ve read many of these styles from your favorite authors, and with good reason: They’re the easiest to write AND they have market appeal.
- How to choose the right book type for you and your business—with real-life examples to help you know what style will resonate with your audience.
- Why more is not always better—and how a “light” read can perform better with your market.
- How to get over the drudgery of writing—get this right, and your excitement for your topic will shine through.
- Two types of research you must do—and how to do it.
- How to add credibility through research—do this one thing and you’ll instantly achieve expert status, no matter what your subject matter.
- Where to learn more—don’t stop with this guide! Head to your local bookseller and learn from the best.
Module 2: Create Fun And Functional Outlines
If you have a “signature” program, then this style of book is the perfect accompaniment. Even better, it will be super easy for you to write. In module two, we’ll walk through all the steps, including…
- Identifying your topic—and why it doesn’t have to match your signature product at all.
- How to know you’ve refined and defined your topic well enough—and it might take more work than you think.
- The special circumstance that makes a DIY book your very best option—but ONLY if you meet this criteria.
- The two-step research process that will guarantee your book reaches the right audience—don’t skip this step, or you’ll wind up on the “remainders” table.
- Six critical questions to ask during the outlining process—get this right, and your book will be spot on with your unique market and branding.
- Must have components for every book—without these, your book will not help you.
- How to find your voice—this is your unique style and sound, and it’s critical for branding.
- The number one tip for writing well—if you do this one thing, you’ll be far ahead of most other authors.
Module 3: Book Chapters That Flow And Pack Power
This is where truly spectacular books are differentiated from the so-so kind. If all you do is write without a plan or a structure, you’ll probably sell a few copies. But when you create a book that flows naturally from one section to the next, you’ll pull your readers along and leave them singing your praises.
In module three, we’ll cover your book’s structure, including…
- The basic purpose and structure of a chapter—get this right and you’ll instantly make your book more enjoyable to read.
- How to use a popular fiction-writing technique to keep your reader engaged.
- The secret of impulsion—and how it can drive your book from beginning to end.
- Easy-to-follow examples of a book in progress—no more wondering if you’re missing something important. It’s all right here for you to see in action.
- Three types of narratives your book must included—a proper mix of all three makes your book infinitely more enjoyable—and effective.
- Other elements to liberally sprinkle throughout your book—these help readers better understand your most important points.
- How to nail the most important section of your book—get this right, and your reader will be hooked!
- The proper use and placement of calls to action—yes, even your book must have them, but they’re not the same as you’re used to.
Module 4: Rock Star Editing and Publishing
With the research done, your message clarified and the structure planned, it’s time to get down to business. Module four is all about getting the work done, so let’s dive in!
- How to create your perfect writing schedule—because if you leave it until you feel inspired, you’ll never get that book finished!
- The simple math every author needs to know—this alone will set you up for massive success in less time than you imagined.
- Why length isn’t critical for your success—and why shorter might even be better.
- 5 ways to keep organized and on task—there’s more to finishing a book than just endless typing.
- The one thing that will derail your book-writing indefinitely—avoid doing this at all costs!
- How to properly edit your book—including four often-seen mistakes that can only be caught on a careful read-through.
- Proper formatting techniques—and why hiring a pro is almost always your best bet.
- When to schedule your launch—a book launch is a great way to get noticed, but get the scheduling right or your launch will fall flat
Grab this step-by-step plan today,
and you’ll have your book in your hands in no time!
Dr. Larthenia Howard is a neuro-leadership expert, an Amazon #1 Bestselling Author and Publisher, and creator of How to Write a Book in 31 Days: From a Book to a Business- a step-by-step system that shows Authors how to reach #1 Bestseller on Amazon, create multiple streams of income from a book, and grow a business Beyond the Pages©. Larthenia has been featured on TBN Network, The Lee Pitts Show, National Association of Secondary School Principals periodical, Professional Women Network platform, and national and local syndicated radio programs. She is the host of the Dr. Empowerment Blog Talk Radio Show and a certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner. Prior to becoming an author and entrepreneur, she served as an Appointee in Washington, D.C, on the National No Child Left Behind Task Force where she was instrumental in legislative recommendations to impact changes in educational reform. www.writeabookin31days.com